Functional Medicine for Hormonal Imbalances
At Rob + Katie Truax, we're big believers in functional medicine and believe it plays a vital role in helping with chronic health conditions. From leaky gut syndrome to hormonal imbalances and thyroid disorders, there are many reasons you might feel sick and need treatment. We recommend visiting our Rob + Katie Truax location in Santa Rosa Beach, FL, to help with hormonal imbalance issues.
What Is Functional Medicine?
Functional medicine focuses on the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. It addresses the underlying cause of disease and uses a systems-oriented approach to help the body recover.
Functional medicine practitioners use several tools to get to the root cause of illness, including:
- Risk factor assessment - Our practitioners will assess your risk factors for illness, including genetic, lifestyle, environmental, and dietary factors.
- Laboratory testing - Functional medicine practitioners often use laboratory testing to identify imbalances in the body that may contribute to illness.
- Medical history - We take a thorough medical history, looking for clues that might help uncover the underlying cause of illness.
- Physical examination - This exam can provide clues about bodily imbalances that may contribute to illness.
Functional medicine is an emerging healthcare field, and several practitioners are trained in this approach. If you are interested in finding a functional medicine practitioner, you can visit us at Rob + Katie Truax for help!
How We Can Help with Hormonal Imbalances
At Rob + Katie Truax, we use functional medicine to help treat hormonal imbalances. Hormonal imbalances are caused by several factors, including those listed below:
- Poor diet - A diet high in processed foods and low in nutrient-rich foods can lead to hormonal imbalances.
- Stress - Chronic stress can lead to imbalances in the body's stress hormones, leading to hormonal imbalances.
- Lack of sleep - Sleep is essential for the body to recover from the day and restore balance. When we don't get enough sleep, our hormone levels can become imbalanced.
- Environmental toxins - Exposure to toxins, such as pesticides and heavy metals, can disrupt the body's hormone levels.
Functional medicine practitioners will use various tools to identify the underlying cause of your hormonal imbalance. Once the cause is identified, they will create a treatment plan to help you restore balance.
Find Help for Hormonal Imbalances Today
Suppose you are suffering from a hormonal imbalance. In that case, we encourage you to stop by our clinic for nutritional counseling, chiropractic care, and holistic treatments to help you heal your body from the inside out. Call us today at (404) 429-2505 to schedule an appointment!