If you have back pain in Santa Rosa Beach, FL, you know how frustrating it can be. When your back is sore or paining, undertaking simple activities like biking, jogging, and sleeping become challenging. However, the good news is that if you seek the services of a chiropractor, your back pain won't trouble you for long. Chiropractic clinics like Rob + Katie Truax can treat your back pain using natural remedies.
Causes of Back Pain
Your back has numerous nerves, ligaments, tendons, and bones to provide support and flexibility to your body. If disease or injury troubles any of these structures, you may suffer from back pain. The common causes of back pain are:
- Scoliosis: If you have an abnormal spine curvature, it may cause back pain and limited mobility.
- Injuries: Car accidents, falls, slips, and sports injuries may damage your back, leading to soreness, pain, and lack of mobility. Strains and sprains are common back pain injuries when your ligaments and tendons are damaged.
- Spinal stenosis: Aging or injury may cause your spinal column to narrow down, resulting in back pain.
- Osteoarthritis: The bones in your spine are separated by cartilage to avoid rubbing against each other. Unfortunately, if you have osteoarthritis, this cartilage wears down, causing your bones to rub against each other. This results in pain and limited mobility.
- Sciatica: When the longest nerve in your body — the sciatic nerve— is damaged or pinched, you may experience excruciating pain that originates from your lower back to your legs.
- Herniated disc: Aging and injuries may cause your discs to move out of position, irritating a nearby nerve that leads to pain and tingling.
If you have back pain, don't wait it out if the pain doesn't subside after a few days. Instead, please book an appointment with a chiropractor for treatment.
How Chiropractors Treat Back Pain
Whenever you have troubling back pain, consider chiropractic care as your first line of treatment. Chiropractors use natural remedies that address the root cause of back pain for a long-lasting solution. Here are treatment options you are likely to get from a chiropractor:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Misalignments in your back cause problems in your entire body. Spinal manipulation repositions your out-of-position back joints to reduce pressure on your nervous system.
- Massage therapy: This therapy reduces pain by relaxing your sore muscles. Besides, massage therapy hastens healing by improving blood circulation in the injured areas.
- Lifestyle counseling: Our chiropractor recommends lifestyle tweaks to reduce the risk of back pain. We may recommend proper posture, dietary changes, weight reduction, and other changes to treat your back pain.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Low Back Pain Relief in Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Is back pain getting the better of you in Santa Rosa Beach, FL? Please schedule an appointment with Rob + Katie Truax for back pain treatment. Call us at (404) 429-2505 for more information or to schedule an appointment.